General terms of cooperation
General Terms and Conditions (GTC) of cooperation with Sowa printing house
1. The purpose of the cooperation is to execute an order for a printing product submitted by
the Ordering Party. The employees of Sowa printing house will make every effort to
ensure that the product meets the expectations of the Ordering Party and complies with
the applicable quality standards.
2. These General Terms and Conditions apply to the execution of each order, unless a separate written agreement provides otherwise. By placing an order, the Ordering Party confirms that it has read and agrees to its provisions.
3. Sowa printing house may use photos or videos of the executed orders for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes without the additional consent of the Ordering Party, unless a separate written agreement provides otherwise.
1. The Ordering Party obtains the order calculation via:
a) e-mail sent to a sales representative
b) calculator on the website - after contacting the sales office, the Ordering Party may obtain an individual offer. The calculator covers basic elements, it does not calculate some of the processes, e.g. foiling the cover.
c) client portal
2. After verification, the sales representative sends you a price confirmation.
3. The cost of transport / delivery is calculated as a separate item.
4.The prices quoted in the offers are binding for a period of 30 days from the date of sending the offer, unless the offer indicates a different period.
5. The prices quoted by Sowa printing house are net prices, to which tax on goods and services will be added according to the rates applicable on the date of issuing the invoice.
6. The costs of making test prints, softproofs, changes in the delivered / sent files and similar preparations for the performance of the contract are charged to the Ordering Party, even if the contract is not concluded.
1. The Ordering Party sends the order by e-mail or places the order in the client portal.
2. In the case of an e-mail order, the sales representative sends an e-mail confirmation of the order with the date of completion and delivery cost immediately after verifying the correctness of the data. The completion date is specified in §3 point 6.
3. In the case of an order via client portal, the order is confirmed automatically. In the case of some orders that are particularly technologically or materially complex, additional verification by the sales representative is necessary.
4. Sowa printing house may refuse to execute certain orders without giving any reason, including those violating the law in force in Poland, and in particular containing content that promotes violence or hatred, offends religious feelings, and violates the rights of other people.
5. In the event of a discrepancy between the order and the offer (e.g. different number of pages in the file), Sowa printing house sends information and, if necessary, recalculates the pricing of the order.
6. At the time of accepting the order, Sowa printing house determines the order completion time - in full working days. This is the time that shall have elapsed from the moment of receiving the full set - the order and correct files - to the shipping date.
7. Most orders are completed within the declared time, however there may be delays beyond the control of Sowa printing house, caused by unforeseeable events, in particular, shall legal provisions enter into force, changing in the scope and organization of work, as well as caused by e.g. lack of available materials or machinery failure. In such a case, the representatives of Sowa printing house shall immediately inform the Ordering Party about this fact, but no later than on the day of the planned shipment of the order.
8. Sowa printing house is not responsible for delays in the completion of the order resulting from reasons beyond its control. Sowa printing house is not responsible for defects and delays in the completion of orders resulting from improper preparation of graphic files for printing by the Ordering Party.
9. Sowa printing house does not guarantee fixed terms for particular types of services. These terms are set separately for individual orders, and they depend, among others, on the current production occupancy.
10. Sowa printing house, in connection with the production technology, stipulates that the final quantity of the product may differ from the order by no more than 2%. The missing quantity, if found, will result in a proportional reduction of the invoice value.
1. The Ordering Party is obliged to provide correct files for printing at the time of placing the
order. The requirements are specified in the document "Preparing files for printing".
2. The Ordering Party sends files to Sowa printing house via:
a) e-mail to the sales representative
b) Wetransfer.com (or similar) file transfer service to the sales representative’s e-mail address
c) Sowa printing house’s FTP server (after obtaining access data).
3. The Ordering Party is obliged to provide correct files. The Ordering Party is responsible for errors in the files. However, bearing in mind the care for the quality of the order, including prevention of printing errors, as well as protection of interests of the Ordering Party, Sowa printing house performs basic verification of files free of charge, consisting in checking elements such as:
- net format
- embedding (embedding fonts)
- number of pages
- orientation of one random page
- visual inspection of margins on a random odd and even page without taking measurements
- placing printing marks on one random page
- correctness of the outline of the cover (spine, folds)
- text colors (including barcode text)
- graphic quality - below 200 dpi for black and white printing and 300 dpi for color printing, if any.
4. More detailed file inspection requires separate arrangements of the Parties.
5. In the event of error detection, Sowa printing house will immediately contact the Ordering Party in order to determine the possibility and method of correcting the files - by the Ordering Party or, if possible, for a fee, by the printing house, and to establish new terms of the order, in particular the date of completion. Sowa printing house does not interfere with the files without the customer's knowledge. In the event of consent to the interference, Sowa printing house shall require an approval of the file.
6. Sowa printing house is not responsible for errors resulting from improper preparation of files for printing, including elements that are not subject to inspection:
- resulting from the use of transparency
- wrong page order
- incorrect placement of vacat pages
- improper preparation of layout pages in the interior
- position of objects and texts, incorrect margins in the file
- inconsistencies in assigning ISSN / ISBN codes, incorrectly prepared bar codes
- overprinting objects
- color reproduction using colored materials on pages printed in black
- color reproduction and the final effect as a result of incorrect selection of the material
- color discrepancy resulting from the use of a color space other than CMYK for color files
- Pantone colors, if not included in the scope of the order.
- spelling, grammatical, stylistic and editorial errors in the content,
- aesthetics and quality of the project.
7. For a fee, the Ordering Party may commission Sowa printing house to make a softproof or a sample copy, which, after approval, will be used as a model for the execution of a production order.
8. In the case of color prints, Sowa printing house checks only selected fragments of the printout with a calibrated monitor, however it does not guarantee perfect color reproduction. Sowa printing house allows for the possibility of color reproduction in relation to the supplied proof or standard after prior arrangement.
1. The parties agree on the way of transport and delivery in the contract. Sowa printing
house delivers completed orders via delivery companies or own transport.
2. Depending on the volume and weight, Sowa printing house ships orders in packages weighing up to 30 kg or on pallets. Unless the order provides otherwise, the packaging method is selected by Sowa printing house.
3. Sowa printing house is not responsible for delays in delivery due to reasons attributable to delivery companies.
4. The Ordering Party is obliged to check the delivery for possible damage. In the event of damage to the content, the Ordering Party is obliged to fill in a damage report and prepare photographic documentation in the presence of the courier/delivery person within a maximum of 7 days from parcel collection, and send them to Sowa printing house via e-mail.
5. In the case of B2B sales, the delivery company is responsible for the delivery, Sowa printing house submits a complaint on behalf of the Ordering Party. In the case of B2C sales, the responsibility for delivery rests with Sowa printing house.
6. For an additional remuneration, Sowa printing house can deliver the completed order to several addresses according to a provided distribution list. The Ordering Party is obliged to provide the distribution list no later than 2 working days before the date of shipment. Otherwise, the Ordering Party may be charged with additional packaging costs.
7. Sowa printing house reserves the right to pack several orders on one pallet or in one box, unless a separate written agreement provides otherwise.
8. The orders are shipped by Sowa printing house immediately after their completion. If the Ordering Party expects to suspend the shipment, it may be charged a storage fee in the amount of 1% of the order value for each commenced day of storage (more than 3 days from the date of completion).
1. Sowa printing house guarantees the execution of services of the quality that is possible
with the modern technological process owned by Sowa printing house. The technical
parameters of individual production operations are specified in the Product Accuracy in
Sowa Printing House document.
2. Complaints should be submitted in writing via e-mail. It is required to attach a photograph showing the defect or to physically provide a sample with a detailed description of the defect.
3. Quantity complaints and damage to shipments may be reported up to 7 days from the date of delivery of the order, and quality complaints within a maximum of 30 days from the date of delivery of the order.
4. Sowa printing house may expect the defective goods to be returned. Defective goods are collected by Sowa printing house at its expense.
5. Complaints are processed within 7 business days. Information on the resolution of the complaint is sent in writing to the e-mail address of the Ordering Party.
6. A product that complies with the Product Accuracy in Sowa Printing House document is not subject to complaints.
1. The default form of payment for new customers is prepayment to Sowa printing house’s
indicated bank account or cash payment upon order collection.
2. Customers who have placed at least one order in half of the preceding six months can apply for a trade credit.
3. Deferred payments are available only to the Ordering Party who is not in arrears with payments and has not exceeded the credit limit.
4. The Ordering Party is obliged to pay the liabilities towards Sowa printing house in a timely manner. Sowa printing house may refuse to accept an order, execute an accepted order or suspend the shipment of an already completed order, if the Ordering Party has outstanding, due financial obligations towards Sowa printing house.
5. In the event of late payment, Sowa printing house is entitled to claim, in addition to the principal amount and interest for delay, court, enforcement and legal representation costs and any costs related to the recovery of this debt, up to the amount resulting from the costs incurred.